Future of Design Exhibition: Call for Entries /
AIGA Seattle / 25th Anniversary
Future of Design Exhibition: Call for Entries
Entry deadline EXTENDED to June 15, 2012
CELEBRATE THE FUTURE OF DESIGN
Since its inception in 1986, the Seattle Chapter of AIGA has represented the professional association for design, committed to advancing design as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force. The stories of great design are powerful tools and lead to powerful futures. We believe Seattle designers serve a critical role as communicators, educators and innovators.
As we mark this historic anniversary, we embrace members, students, and non-members to submit designs that capture the vision of the future of design. What does the next 25 years look like, where will design be? If we could send a message, what would it be?
It’s free to enter and all entries will be displayed at our AIGA Seattle 25th Anniversary Party on Friday, June 22nd
WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER
- Exposure for your creativity and promotional skills
- Our favorite entries will be featured on the AIGA Seattle website
- See how your work compares to your peers
HOW TO ENTER
- Download entry form (PDF)
- Fill out entry form with complete information
- Email digital file of your submission with entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
PREPARING YOUR WORK
Image size options (pick one or both):
- 18 x 24 vertical, with bleeds and crops (optimized for print)
- 2560 x 1600 horizontal (optimized for digital display)
- File names should include the entry title, your name and contain no spaces (please use an underscore, i.e., title_name.pdf)
- File formats accepted are .JPG, .TIF and .PDF
- Include a caption (50 words) describing the image as well as an image credit on your entry form
- We will print and hang submissions optimized for print
- We will digitally display, in a rotating show, all digital submissions
- Designs by current and past members, students and non-members are welcome
- Original work is encouraged, School projects and concept designs are eligible
- Designs may be of objects, messages, campaigns, spaces, experiences or services
- Entries from all countries are eligible; foreign-language entries must include a translation in English
NO ENTRY FEES
Submission is absolutely free.
PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE WORK
By submitting work to the competitions, the entrant acknowledges the right of AIGA Seattle to use accepted work for reproduction in Chapter-related publications; on its website; in the ensuing exhibition of the competitions’ selections; and for educational and AIGA-related noncommercial promotional purposes.
Do entries need to be mailed?
No. Physical entries do not need to be submitted. Please submit digitally via email.
Will there be a late entry deadline?
Yes, this is your final chance - deadline has been extended from May 25th to June 15th!
When will selections be announced?
All designs will be featured at our 25th Anniversary Party, and the favorite designs will be highlighted on our website.
Do I need to be a member to participate in the competitions?
Nonmembers can submit work; better yet: join now.
My work doesn’t fit neatly into the call for entries, what do I do?
We understand that an entry might be more expressive. All entries are welcome.
After I submit my entries, can I return to edit or add more?
Yes, you can email email@example.com with your updated artwork and we’ll verify receipt and updated artwork received. Please make sure you meet the deadline of May 25th.
Should I include the credit and caption in the layout of the image file? Or will there be a separate field to enter it?
No, the caption and credit does not need be included in the layout of the actual image file. There will be a separate field for caption and credit on your submission form.
What will you consider when reviewing entries?
We will consider:
- Approach: How did you address the future of design.
- Effectiveness: Does the design effectively communicate your message and engage the audience.
Will selections be published?
Yes, publicly displayed at our AIGA Seattle 25th Anniversary Party. By entering you also grant permission for AIGA Seattle to reproduce images and descriptions of selected works in competitions-related publications; on its website(s); in any ensuing exhibition of the competitions’ selections; and for educational and AIGA-related promotional purposes.
Fri / 06.15.12
12:00AM - 12:00AM
Call for Submissions